In August, Brother Jim Byers visited the George Washington Masonic Memorial in Alexandria, VA, during his trip to Washington D.C.
The George Washington Masonic Memorial’s construction began in 1910 and has experienced renovations and additions all the way up until 1999. It is privately funded through the grateful contributions of Freemasons and others, yet remains open to the public, free of charge, seven days a week. Inside, there are several statues of Brother Washington along with many of his fraternal and personal items such as aprons, furniture, and even locks of his hair. A trip to the Memorial comes highly recommended. Go to www.gwmemorial.org to see more.